Social Media Intern
Imperfect produce is looking for a social media intern to help our growing marketing team hit new high notes and sing even prettier harmonies.
We’re looking for an exceptional communicator who can keep our online presence fun, engaging, and consistent across all of our social platforms. You’ll be supporting our Social Media Associate in daily tasks like developing posts for Facebook, helping shoot images for Instagram, and coordinating with partners for giveaways and contests. You’ll also be working with the larger marketing team to learn about social media strategy and how it plays a role in Imperfect’s broader marketing and brand strategy.
You’re a great communicator, a team player, and equally comfortable making pop culture references as you are researching statistics on food waste. If this describes you, we’d love to meet you! Note: Must also love puns.
This opportunity is for 3-4 months and includes a monthly stipend.
Content + Engagement
- Assist in managing our Facebook, Instagram, Twitter accounts and blog
- Help discover, create, and post content on each platform daily – both images and creative copy
- Respond and engage with followers (may require answering comments on evenings and weekends)
- Plan and coordinate online social media contests and prizes
- Help manage social media analytics, entering data and analyzing the effectiveness of our posts
- Test and investigate methods of improving social media engagement
- Organize and manage our photo database
- Assist in social media photo shoots, video shoots, and food styling sessions
- Ensure our photography style is consistent across social media channels
- Any video + photo production skills are a huge plus!
- Learn how social media strategy fits into larger brand and marketing strategy
- Learn and effectively communicate the brand voice for Imperfect Produce
Skill sets we're looking for:
- Experience using Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for a business or organization
- Experience using Hootsuite is a +
- Well-informed of current food, lifestyle, and social media trends
- Experience with photography and video editing is a big +
- Strong design sense and eye for both food and brand presentation
Food and Sustainable Agriculture/Food Waste
- Well-versed and interested in food, recipes, food waste, and sustainability issues
- Passionate about the mission at Imperfect Produce
- A desire to implement and improve organizational systems
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple social media platforms at once
- Self-starter who can develop and run with projects without constant supervision
- Learn about social media, marketing, and brand strategy from the ground up and hone your marketing skills alongside an experienced, passionate, and tight-knit team
- Gain sought-after startup experience and with it, countless opportunities to learn, grow, and network in an exciting, fast-paced environment
- Spend the majority of your time around fun people who are passionate about what they do and motivated to change the world for the better (while eating delicious food)
- Eat all the free produce you could ever want!
- Participate in fun office activities and social events (happy hours, birthdays, etc.)
How to apply?
Send the following as a PDF to email@example.com:
- Answers to the following questions:
- Why are you the best candidate for this job?
- Why are you passionate about food/sustainable agriculture/food waste?
- How did you hear about this job?
- One or more work samples
- We’re not looking for a professional, polished portfolio–just an idea of how you write, how you think, and who you are as a person. Feel free to include photos, videos, blog entries, sample social media posts, or whatever you think best demonstrates your qualifications as a candidate and you as a person.