Marketing ops associate
We’re looking for a data-driven, creative problem solver with a core skill set in marketing ops and analytics to support our growing marketing team.
You love numbers, formulas, details, and spreadsheets. You try to quantify pretty much everything and are extremely goal-oriented. Ideally, you have experience with email marketing platforms, segmentation, and cohort analysis. You’ve executed marketing campaigns, tracked performance, and made recommendations on how to improve marketing tactics and strategy.
You hit your flow when analyzing existing processes and making them more efficient (or coming up with new ones entirely). You’re adept at working across teams. You can move a piece of marketing collateral from design, to production, through operations, to distribution, into the correct customer’s box, and make it look easy. And the cherry on top: you are passionate about food: farming it, saving it, cooking it, pickling it, or even just eating it. If this describes you, we’d love to meet you!
This opportunity is full-time, salaried (with benefits) and is located out of our office in San Francisco, CA.
Email + Analytics
- Work with content manager to execute, manage and improve email marketing campaigns -- weekly newsletters, drip emails, personalization, triggered events, customer journey, etc. -- to drive activation and retention
- Manage marketing databases, list segments, and content schedules
- Schedule, deploy, measure, and report on performance of marketing campaigns
- Continuously use A/B tests to optimize subject lines (email); promotional offers; content; merchandising presentation of different marketing campaigns
- Perform cohort analyses and provide recommendations on how to increase retention
- Manage and refine customer referral and monthly re-engagement activities/campaigns
- Assist in executing, measuring, and optimizing proactive retention programs that drive product usage and brand engagement and reduce customer and revenue churn
Operations + Coordination
- Coordinate logistics for weekly printed content (e.g. work with printer, operations and warehouse teams to ensure printed materials are inserted in boxes correctly) and other ad hoc printing and marketing materials
- Assist Director of Brand with partnerships and events as needed
- Assist in conducting other quantitative and qualitative research projects to support brand marketing goals
Skill sets we're looking for:
- 2-4 years marketing ops or sales ops experience
- Experience managing and analyzing data, identifying patterns, and coming up with solutions/answers/stories
- Experience designing and building email campaign infrastructure
- Experience using MS Office (Excel, Word, etc.) for a business or organization
- Experience in leveraging other channels to build retention (i.e. social, SEO, content management, SMS, etc.)
- An innate sense of curiosity and urge to figure out why people do what they do using data
- Self-starter who can develop and run with projects without constant supervision
- A desire to implement and improve organizational systems
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and objectively
- Keeps up with current food, lifestyle, and social media trends
- Passionate about the mission at Imperfect Produce
- Experience with email automation platforms/ESPs
- Experience using CRM software
- Experience with statistical software (R, S-Plus, SAS, or similar), Google Analytics, Kissmetrics, web traffic and funnel analytics tools; other web and mobile analytics tools
- Fluency with tagging, Google Analytics setup, tracking and Google Analytics APIs to pull data
- Experience with SQL coding and other analysis
- Learn about marketing and brand strategy from the ground up and act as a valuable teammate (you’ll be one of only 5-6 marketers)
- Hone your marketing skills alongside an experienced, passionate, and tight-knit team
- Gain sought-after startup experience and with it, countless opportunities to learn, grow, and network in an exciting, fast-paced environment
- Spend the majority of your time around fun people who are passionate about what they do and motivated to change the world for the better (while eating delicious food)
How to apply?
Send the following as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Marketing Analytics + Ops Associate.”
- Answers to the following questions (no more than 5 sentences per question, please!):
- Why are you the best candidate for this job?
- Why are you passionate about food/sustainable agriculture/food waste?
- How did you hear about this job?