Imperfect Produce seeks an experienced accounting professional to establish and lead the accounting function of our high-growth, 50+ person company.
- The ideal candidate will be hands-on in Imperfect Produce’s financial management, including closing the books, and will grow with the entire accounting team as the business scales.
- As Controller, you will lead the administrative, accounting, and book-closing functions at Imperfect Produce.
- Your responsibilities include the coordination of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial closing processes; preparation of financial statements and reports; implementation of organizational policies, operating procedures, and business controls; and management of tax compliance and audits.
- Other key responsibilities include maintaining accounting records, closing the books monthly & supporting activities of the management team.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Candidates should be CPAs with 3-5 years of experience in accounting operations, including managing GAAP accounting. Candidates should have experience building financial plans and managing budgets to plans.
- An effective team member in a collaborative environment
- Strong accounting skills: a track record of maintaining accounting records, closing the books and assisting in review processes
- CPA preferred with at least 2 years of Controller experience
- Big 6 experience a plus
- Undergraduate degree from a leading school
- Skilled with QuickBooks in a cloud environment, Bill.com and Expensify
- Facile with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Details of position
This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and is based out of our San Francisco headquarters in Bayview. Full-time exempt position. Ideal candidates are available to start immediately. Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package provided.
Prepare a cover letter and resume and send to Interim CFO Jeff Watts at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews given on rolling basis as applications