Marketing and Design Internship
Imperfect is looking for a marketing/design intern to support our growing marketing team.
We’re looking for a creative problem solver with a core skill set/interest in marketing and analytics, but who also has a passion for design. Ideally, you have experience developing and executing marketing campaigns, tracking data via analytics, and designing collateral (brochures, posters, handouts, one-pagers, inserts). You’re comfortable working in Excel and Word, but also know enough to be dangerous in Illustrator or InDesign.
You’re curious, motivated, a quick study, and independent. You enjoy trying to understand and communicate with people in a way that moves them to action. You’ve got a great eye for design (even though you might not necessarily call yourself a designer). If this describes you, we’d love to meet you!
This opportunity is for 3-4 months and includes a monthly stipend with potential for full-time hire.
Marketing + Analytics
- Assist in managing marketing campaigns: design, development, execution, analysis, and improvement
- Help manage company collateral–both digital and printed
- Help create, edit, and monitor emails that go out to our customers through our database
- Assist in creating weekly content that will be included in all of our customer’s boxes
- Help track success of customer referral and re-engagement activities
- Assist in conducting quantitative and qualitative research projects to support brand marketing goals
- Assist in tracking KPIs
- Design pieces of marketing collateral and manage design projects, typically with short turnaround times
- Assist in creating and updating web pages (HTML/CSS fluency not required, but any experience is a plus)
- Work with the Outreach team to create/edit marketing collateral needed for events
- Work with the marketing team to help build and refine the Imperfect brand
Skill sets we're looking for:
Marketing + Analytics
- Experience using MS Office (Excel, Word, etc.) for a business or organization
- Experience managing and analyzing data, identifying patterns, and coming up with solutions/answers/stories
- Experience using CRM software and Squarespace is a +
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- A baseline understanding of design systems and introductory-level design theory
- A keen interest in design and how it can be used to improve communications and engage audiences
Food + Sustainable Agriculture
- Keeps up with current food, lifestyle, and social media trends
- Passionate about the mission at Imperfect Produce
- Self-starter who can develop and run with projects without constant supervision
- A desire to implement and improve organizational systems
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and objectively
- Learn about marketing and brand strategy from the ground up and act as a valuable teammate (you’ll be one of only 6-7 marketers)
- Hone your marketing skills alongside an experienced, passionate, and tight-knit team
- Gain sought-after startup experience and with it, countless opportunities to learn, grow, and network in an exciting, fast-paced environment
- Spend the majority of your time around fun people who are passionate about what they do and motivated to change the world for the better (while eating delicious food)
How to apply?
Send the following as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Answers to the following questions:
- Why are you the best candidate for this job?
- Why are you passionate about food/sustainable agriculture/food waste?
- How did you hear about this job?
- One or more design samples
- We’re not necessarily looking for a professional, polished portfolio–just an idea of your design sensibility, how you think, and who you are as a person. Feel free to include photos, videos, blog entries, sample social media posts, Pinterest boards, or whatever you think best demonstrates your qualifications as a candidate and you as a person.