Jalapeño-Apple Slaw with Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- Finely slice the cabbage and cold water rinse. Drain well or send through a salad spinner; set aside, until needed.
- In a salad bowl, prepare the vinaigrette; mix together the honey, rice vinegar, safflower, lime juice and salt. Whisk together until smooth and saucy, set aside.
- Core and thin slice the apple; add to the vinaigrette, coat all slices to prevent browning.
- Chop the green onions, jalapeños and bell pepper. Add to the apples, stir to coat ingredients.
- Add the well drained cabbage. Toss to coat.
- Chill at least 1 hour or long enough for all ingredients to incorporate.
- 1-1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil (or canola)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon himalayan sea salt (optional)
- 2 large jalapeños - cut in half moons
- 1 medium bell pepper - red, orange, yellow or a combination of colors (using mini-bells)
- 1 very large granny smith apple (preferred) but pink lady adds a delicious tart flavor, too
- 2 green onions
- 7-1/2 cups finely sliced cabbage