About The Job
As the General Manager, you are directly responsible for all aspects of the assembly and successful delivery of produce boxes at our Emeryville warehouse, including receiving, prep, packing, storage and delivery. Once orders are placed, you take control of all aspects of production. You will develop and lead a team of operational employees including: receivers, prep team, packers and order loaders. You will use organizational and leadership skills to deliver maximum efficiency of packing and delivering high quality produce boxes, at the optimum cost, in order to meet Imperfect Produce business objectives.
In addition, you are responsible for creating and fostering an attractive, productive and safe work environment for all regular employees; and for developing a “bench” of employees capable of rising successfully through the organization. You are also responsible for building and overseeing the food safety and HAACP plan, in support of Imperfect Produce success.
- Oversee and maintain physical infrastructure needed for daily production activities
- Utilize existing physical infrastructure to optimize efficiency of daily production activities
- Oversee and direct the planning and execution of daily production activity by a team of 20-30 FT and PT warehouse staff. Directly manage shift leaders. Coach and support them in their professional development.
- Ensure adequate staffing. Work with Assistant General Manager to schedule, train, and mentor crew to ensure they are meeting performance metrics and operating efficiently.
- Oversee Delivery Coordinator and our partnership with a last mile delivery company. Take ownership of making sure deliveries are functioning smoothly with minimal missed or late deliveries.
- Take ownership of creating a productive, respectful, vibrant and safe working culture and environment within the warehouse.
- Serve as primary representative of the Emeryville operations team as a bridge to other departments like Marketing and Supply as well as the GMs of future locations we open.
- Report out to COO, CEO and the whole organization on your team’s performance on KPIs such as number of boxes packed, perfect order rate, number of boxes with missing items, labor cost per box, etc. Take ownership of these goals and take pride in continually improving them over time.
- Use the weekly feedback report created by the Marketing department to ensure accountability and learning and fix issues
- Implement internal software tools to increase efficiency
- Utilize data to facilitate the timely, accurate interpretation, and reporting of performance, quality, and safety data to C-Suite
- Develop and implement a plan to comply with SQF, Food Safety Plan (HACCP), Food Quality Plan (FQP) standards
- Facilitate project work and assure successful project implementation and completion within the parameters set forth
- 3+ years experience in a General Manager / Assistant General Manager role
- Mastery of process optimization techniques and process flow improvements
- Understands all part of a logistics business – purchasing, operations, marketing sales
- Experience managing a large team
- Experience in the food industry
- Extensive knowledge of inventory management and operations software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Energetic and excited about Imperfect
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Ability to problem-solve and think on your feet (A.K.A. a mental juggler)
- Excels at independent, unsupervised work
- 5+ years experience in the fresh produce industry
- 5+ years experience in a General Manager / Assistant General Manager role
Details of position
This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer. Full-time exempt position. Ideal start date is late October. Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience. Health care stipend provided.
Position is based out of our Emeryville office/warehouse.
Interviews given on rolling basis as applications come in.
Prepare a cover letter and resume and send to email@example.com.