Director of Product and Experience
We need your help to show the world the true beauty of ugly produce. The Director of Product and Experience is a leadership role focused on ensuring our brand messaging and strategy is constantly woven throughout our product and customer experience - from the moment the customer learns of the product to receiving their produce box and everything in between. This role relies on customer insights to analyze our current strategy and continually find and implement new and innovative improvements to our product and experience – both for existing and prospective customers and both online and offline. This position is critical in ensuring a positive experience for our customers and a consistent brand messaging across everything we do.
Brand Strategy and Consistency
- Develop brand strategies and resulting plans that communicate a compelling value proposition for current and prospective users in collaboration with marketing leadership
- Create and execute highly effective integrated brand marketing campaigns contributing to our goal of being the most innovative food waste company in the world - e.g. campaigns around social impact, food waste industry milestones, getting to know our farmers, etc.
- Support and manage the Social Media Manager on daily execution and management of social media and email marketing to ensure consistent brand voice and style
- Maintain the Imperfect style guide
- Manage creative/design consultants and give direction to their work to ensure brand consistency
- Take pride in and ownership of every touch point a customer has with Imperfect, both digital and in-person. Much of this will be delegated, but the final buck stops with the Director of Product and Experience to make sure all things product and UX are exceptional for our customers and the public.
- Spearhead the continual improvement of Imperfect’s products and user experience - both online and offline - and keep a constant eye on metrics to determine the performance of improvements
- As Imperfect expands, you’ll be responsible in ensuring consistency of the product coming from different warehouses and locations - design, packing, etc.
- Aggregate all of the various data sources including website analytics, Outreach Team feedback, various customer survey data, mailchimp, etc. Translate these vast data into simple and practical customer profiles and summaries
- Take our customers out to coffee to get a deeper understanding of who they are and how we can better serve them
- Create customer surveys to better answer what our customers want, how to improve our product offering, and understand how our customer profile changes as we grow
- Work closely with the Customer Care manager to report on weekly feedback from customers and how to best integrate that feedback into the product
Customer Loyalty and Retention
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing Manager to optimize the referral program over time, including gift cards, a loyalty program, and possibly a Brand Ambassadors program
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing Manager to track customer churn, behavior, and cohort analysis based on subscription date and demographic information
- Develop email marketing and call campaign strategies to reengage lapsed customers
- Create a surprise and delight program for our customer base to continue to raise the bar for customer experience
- Manage Imperfect-hosted events for our customers (e.g. gleaning field trip, farm visit, warehouse parties)
- 2-4 years experience in marketing leadership roles
- 2-4 years experience managing other full-time professionals in a fast-paced environment
- 2-4 years UX or product management experience
- Strong, proven design sense (able to manage graphic designers to successfully create materials with a clean, professional final touch)
- Understand basic design theories and be able to integrate them across a variety of platforms both online and offline
- Knack for distilling the big picture into small touch points and product pieces
- Able to persuasively articulate benefits of Imperfect’s products to customers
- Highly organized and impeccable attention to detail
- Proven ability to inspire and motivate a team to achieve sustained high performance and morale
- Very comfortable tracking metrics to assess the effectiveness of campaigns and overall customer happiness
- Ability to set, own and meet customer retention goals
- Self-motivated and self-starter
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills
- Energetic and excited about Imperfect and our mission
- Ability to work well in a team-focused environment
Details of position
This position reports directly to the CMO. It is a full-time, best-efforts basis. Looking to fill position as soon as possible. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Position is based out of Emeryville warehouse/office.
To apply, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- 2-4 sentences describing the Imperfect brand
- 2-4 sentences on why you’re best candidate for this role