Broccoli Slaw with Miso-Ginger Dressing
- Using the coarse grater disk on a food processor or the largest holes on a box grater, coarsely grate broccoli stems and carrots into a large bowl.
Whisk miso paste, orange zest, orange juice, ginger, rice vinegar, and sesame oil in another large bowl until smooth. Add broccoli stems, broccoli heads, and carrot and toss to combine. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Toss with cilantro, mint, basil, and scallions, transfer to a serving dish, and top with coconut.
- 1 bunch Imperfect broccoli (about 1 1/2 pounds), stems peeled, heads coarsely chopped
- 2 medium carrots (about 3 ounces), peeled
- 1/3 cup white miso paste
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons finely grated peeled ginger
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Thai or regular basil
- 2 scallions, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted, coarsely chopped