BROCCOLI CHEDDAR MASHED POTATOES
- Add peeled and chopped potatoes to large pot. Cover with cool water. Add about a tablespoon of kosher salt. Over high heat, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and allow potatoes to cook until fork tender. Drain.
- Remove stems from broccoli and discard. Finely chop the remaining florets.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine cooked and drained potatoes, broccoli, cheddar, butter, and sour cream. Mix with the paddle on low to medium speed until potatoes reach desired smoothness. Taste and season with salt and pepper, as needed.
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled, chopped (russet, yellow, red - doesn't matter)
- 1 head fresh broccoli
- 1 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream (equivalent of one big scoop)
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste